1) to decide or settle authoritatively; adjudge: The censor judged the book obscene and forbade its sale.
2) to infer, think, or hold as an opinion; conclude about or assess: He judged her to be correct.
Are we to judge others and things?
1) John 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”
2) James 4:11-12 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
3) Proverbs 31:9 Open your mouth, judge righteously, defend the rights of the poor and needy.
4) 1 Corinthians 2:15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.
What does the Bible say about Judging others?
1) Leave the judgment to God
a. Romans 14:1-13;
b. Ecclesiates 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
2) Be careful what you sow
a. Luke 6:37-42
3) Examine your motives
a. John 8:7
4) Be careful yourself
a. James 1:19-22;
b. Luke 18:10-14